There are different types of switches in a commercial vehicle. Each type of switch has a different purpose. Generally speaking, switches in an electrical setting are used to ON or let the current pass and OFF or let the current break. This can be illustrated with a simple diagram.
A Simple switch functions like this. The battery and Switch are attached together using wires to the Positive and negative source. The switch and electrical component,to which current has to be given, are connected using wires. When the ON is pressed on the switch, the current through the wires passes from the battery to the electrical component and it is ignited (like LED light, halogen, fog light etc). When the OFF is pressed on the switch, the current does not passes through to the electrical component
There are two types of switches – mechanical and electronic switches. Mechanical switches require one to press the ON/ OFF button and are operated manually. Electronic switches do not require manual operation and are activated by semi conductors action. Below is a photo with generic example of Push button, rocker, slide, and magnetic type switches.
Some popular switches in a commercial vehicle truck like TATA 4018, Ashok Leyland are:
- Diesel Filter Switch – Diesel filter switch is a push pull switch attached to the fuel filter housing. Diesel Filter switch is used to remove the opening when the diesel filter is replaced.
- Push Pull Switch – A ‘push to make’ switch allows electricity to flow between its two contacts when held in. When the button is released, the circuit is broken. DIfferent types of push pull switch are – wiper switch, brake switch, heal light switch etc
- Starter / Ignition Switch – Starter or ignition switch is for starting the vehicle. It has an on and off mode.
- Air Pressure Horn Switch – Air pressure horn switch is for activating the sound of the horn.
- T2679 air pressure horn switch magnetic
- T2680 air pressure horn switch pipe type 12volt
- T2681 air pressure horn switch pipe type 24 volt
- T3825 Horn piano switch 4 buttons
- T3826 on-off switch rocker black
- T3827 on-off switch with led red
- T3828 on-off switch with led green
- T3829 on-off switch with led blue
- T3830 on-off switch with led yellow
- Toggle Switch – Toggle switch is the generic switch used in multiple applications. We have 3 way type toggle switch that can be used for example in high beam light, low beam light and off.
- Hazard Warning Switch – activation of hazard light on pressing the emergency light switch for example in case of accident, flat typre etc
- Stop Light Switch – Stop light switch is attached to the brake pedal and as the brake pedal is pressed, the switch is activated and it turns the Brake lights to ON. And as the brake pedal is lifted, the switch is put to OFF mode and brake lights are deactivated.
- T3949 STOP LIGHT SWITCH 1612 PVC BODY BOTTLE TYPE
- T3950 STOP LIGHT SWITCH 1612 STEEL BODY BOTTLE TYPE
- T3951 STOP LIGHT SWITCH 1612 STEEL BODY WITH COUPLER
- T3952 STOP LIGHT SWITCH 1616 [4PIN]
- T3953 STOP LIGHT SWITCH 407 N/M / 608
- T3954 STOP LIGHT SWITCH ACE
- T3955 STOP LIGHT SWITCH TATA INDICA/ZEN/CHAMPION/QUALIS
- T3956 STOP LIGHT SWITCH LEYLAND
- T3957 STOP LIGHT SWITCH BOLERO 4 PIN
- T3958 STOP LIGHT SWITCH UNIVERSAL SCREW TYPE
- T3959 STOP LIGHT SWITCH UNIVERSAL CLIP TYPE
- T3960 STOP LIGHT SWITCH SCORPIO/MINIDOR O/M
- T3961 STOP LIGHT SWITCH MARUTI CAR/VAN/ZIPSY/VIKRAM
- T3184 brake switch 3118
- Reverse Light Switch – reverse light switch is for the back lights in case the reverse light indicator is manually added
- Oil Pressure Switch – Oil pressure switch is used as an actuator or a sensor to activate the oil warning light when the oil pressure falls below the required level so that the truck driver can get the oil refilled.
Above switches are used at various places in vehicles and have different purposes according to use. For more details & all trendy switches PDF :-
WhatsApp :- Click Here
Call Now :- +91 8700576954
Email :- email@example.com