Flywheel in an automobile or truck vehicle application is a circular type wheel or disc that is attached to the crankshaft at the rear end of the engine. Flywheel operates using the concept of inertia by storing energy produced using power strokes. It stores the energy of the power or mechanical strokes and imparts that stored energy to the suction, compression & exhaust strokes during the working of the engine.
Flywheel in automobile applications are generally made of steel alloy or aluminium alloy.
A sample image of a flywheel in an Indian commercial vehicle for example TATA, Ashok Leyland etc is something like this:-
Below are the ancillary parts of a flywheel in a commercial vehicle that are readily available at trucksparepart.in
- Flywheel shims – thick, thin & extra thick
Flywheel shims are used to prevent excess daily wear & tear during circular operation. Flywheel shim covers the outer layer of the flywheel and prevents damage. It should be able to absorb friction and pressure and protect the flywheel disc at all costs. While it should be tough, it should also have a direct fit on your truck’s flywheel disc as shims that aren’t snugly fitted might get dislocated during movement.
- Flywheel sensor or Crankshaft position flywheel sensor
Flywheel sensor or crankshaft flywheel position sensor is an electrical device that monitors the position of the crankshaft in an engine in commercial spare parts.
- Flywheel lock for Leyland Hino
1. T290 Fly Wheel Shim 14” THICK
2. T291 Fly Wheel Shim 15” THICK
3. T340 Fly Wheel Shim 14” THIN
4. T341 Fly Wheel Shim 15” THIN
5. T450 Fly Wheel Shim 14″ Extra Thick
6. T451 Fly Wheel Shim 15″ Extra Thick
7. T859 ENG MOUNTING BKRT ON FLY WHEEL HSG AMW
8. T3802 FLY WHEEL SENSOR TC/ BS3 WITH WIRE
9. T3803 FLY WHEEL SENSOR TC/ EURO 3 WITH OUT WIRE
10. T3804 FLY WHEEL SENSOR EURO 4
11. T3885 fly wheel lock L/L hino